If you have seen enough of my patterns, you must know how much I love color change within a pattern. So naturally, looking at knit Picks Brava yarn I’ve purchased on a whim, I decided to make a pretty, girly, colorful blanket. It turned out so soft and cuddly! Actually looks so good folded up on my gray couch, that I’m tempted to use up some yarn I have, and make it as a throw blanket for my own living room. It definitely looks modern and brightens up a space.
You can skip reading my nonsence and just download the pattern: download now
Sport weight yarn: Knit Picks Brava Sport in 4 colors:
Gauge in pattern: 5 puff stitches and 7 rows in 4×4 inches
To make a newborn size baby blanket:
- Size 22×22 inches (56×56 centimetres)
- You will need: 1140 yards (1040 meters) of yarn in total
- Starting chain 83, make 38 rows
To make a crib size baby blanket:
- Size 35×35 inches (90×90 centimetres)
- You will need: 2890 yards (2420 meters) of yarn in total
- Starting chain 128, make 60 rows
To make an adult size throw blanket:
- Size 70×40 inches (173×107 centimetres)
- You will need: 6600 yards (6020 meters) of yarn in total
- Starting chain 146, make 120 rows
You can use any other yarn weight and color, and follow the same principles of color changing described in pattern for your own unique blanket.
Yes, this is a “yarn eater” blanket.. But on a bright side, you can use up leftover yarn you’ve got in your stash!
It took me 3 evenings of watching movies to make this baby blanket. Not too bad I think? It grows quickly, as you are using double yarn.
Full 6 page pattern with a ton of step by step pictures, and step by step tutorial is available for a free download. download now